Navigating the roads after sunset demands skill and the right gear, especially when it comes to eye protection. In our quest for the “Best motorcycle glasses for night riding,” we’ve personally tested and scrutinized numerous pairs to bring you a roundup that promises clarity, comfort, and safety for those nocturnal rides.
Before choosing motorcycle glasses, prioritize understanding safety standards like ANSI Z87.1 and Z87+ high-impact markings. ANSI Z87.1 signifies essential impact protection, while Z87+ indicates advanced high-impact resistance.
|Top Motorcycle Glasses
|Wiley X Romer 3
|Ballistic Safety Standards
|Bertoni Photochromic Goggles
|Birdz Swoop Anti-Fog
|ANSI Z87 safety-rated
|Wiley X Airrage
|Meets MIL-PRF Ballistic Standards
|DUCO Night Vision Glasses
|Global Vision Sly
|ANSI Z87.1 Standards
|AULLY PARK Polarized
|4 Interchangeable Lenses
|FAGUMA Sports Polarized
|TAC Polarized Lens
Best Motorcycle Glasses For Night Riding
1. Wiley X Romer 3
- Meets Ballistic Safety Standards
- 100% UVA/UVB Protection with Distortion-Free Clarity
- Adapts to Changing Environments
- ANSI Z87.1 Safety Standards Compliance
- Prescription Ready
Crafted with the rider’s safety and comfort in mind, these glasses meet the rigorous MIL-PRF-32432 ballistic safety standards, ensuring premium protection against any high-speed debris you might encounter on your nocturnal journeys.
The Romer 3’s lens technology is a game-changer for night riders. Featuring 100% UVA/UVB protection with distortion-free clarity, these glasses are built to adapt to your ever-changing environment.
The changeable lens capability allows for seamless transitions between light conditions, making them ideal for day and night riding. The anti-reflective coating and high-contrast lenses minimize distortion and enhance visibility, ensuring a safer ride.
The durable, full-frame design is compatible with most helmets. The Wiley X Romer 3 is also prescription-ready, catering to all riders without sacrificing style or safety. Although some users have mixed opinions on its effectiveness, the anti-scratch coating is a notable feature.
- Meets ANSI Z87.1 safety standards.
- UVA/UVB protection with distortion-free clarity.
- Changeable lenses.
Mixed reviews on the scratch resistance of the lenses.
2. Bertoni Photochromic Motorcycle Goggles
- Photochromic lenses
- Anti-fog and anti-distortion properties.
- Impact-resistant and CE-certified.
- Adjustable nose pad.
- 100% UV protection.
- Interchangeable arms and strap.
- Removable optical insert for prescription lenses.
What makes the Bertoni special is their Sunsensor Photochromic Anti-fog lenses. These lenses smoothly switch between CAT.0 (completely clear) and CAT.3 (dark grey), adapting to shifting lighting conditions to provide the best visibility possible.
These lenses’ excellent contrast and low distortion make the lack of polarization almost imperceptible. The 100% UV protection also prevents dangerous UV rays from entering your eyes.
The frame’s anticrash polycarbonate construction ensures durability without sacrificing weight. Because no plastic frame is above the ears and the nose pad is adjustable, these goggles fit well under any helmet.
The elastic strap and interchangeable arms provide a secure fit that can be adjusted to fit goggles and sunglasses.
- Superior adaptability to light changes.
- Comfortable fit with excellent wind protection.
- High-quality build and materials.
- Versatile for use in various conditions and sports.
- Lenses are not polarized, which may affect glare resistance.
3. WYND Blocker Motorcycle glasses
- UV400 protection
- Convertible to goggles with a backstrap
- Tinted lenses
- Lightweight and comfortable for long rides
Equipped with shatterproof lenses that feature a UV400 protection coating, the WYND Blocker ensures 100% blockage of harmful UVA and UVB rays. The impact-resistant, anti-scratch coating enhances durability, making them suitable for motorcycle riding.
The yellow night driving lens is a significant advantage for night riding, offering improved visibility by dimming existing light without compromising clarity. However, the absence of polarization means riders might experience some glare.
The sunglass’s plastic frame contributes to their lightweight design, ensuring they’re comfortable to wear for extended periods, even under a helmet. Including a removable wind-resistant eyeliner and the option to convert to goggles with the included backstrap add to their versatility, catering to a wide range of outdoor activities beyond motorcycling.
- Versatile design
- Effective wind and dust protection
- Lenses are not polarized, potentially allowing glare.
4. Birdz Eyewear Swoop Anti-Fog
- Shatterproof polycarbonate lens
- Meets Z87.1+ standards
- Rubber temple tips
- UV400 filters
- Anti-fog coatings
- Scratch resistant
- Vented EVA foam padding
We’ve recently had the pleasure of testing the Birdz Anti-Fog Motorcycle Sunglasses. The set includes two pairs of glasses: one with clear lenses for night riding and another with smoke lenses for daytime use.
The Birdz glasses are designed with a full-rim rubber frame that ensures a snug fit while surprisingly comfortable, thanks to the vented EVA foam padding. This padding enhances comfort and protects against wind, dust, and debris. The rubber temple tips add to the overall comfort, ensuring the glasses stay in place, even during vigorous movements.
The glasses feature shatterproof polycarbonate lenses, which offer 100% UVA and UVB protection. These lenses meet ANSI Z87.1 safety standards, providing eye protection.
The anti-fog coating is a game-changer for night riding, ensuring your vision remains clear regardless of temperature changes or intense activity. The scratch-resistant coating is another plus, extending the life of the glasses despite regular use.
- Versatile set with clear and smoke lenses for day and night use.
- Rubber frame and vented EVA foam padding.
- Shatterproof lenses with 100% UVA/UVB protection, meeting ANSI Z87.1 standards.
- Anti-fog and scratch-resistant coatings.
- Some riders may find the glasses to be narrow.
5. Bikershades Motorcycle Glasses
- ANSI Z87 safety-rated lens
- Yellow-tinted lenses for reduced glare.
- Foam-padded protection.
- Anti-glare coating
The Bikershades Motorcycle Bifocal Sunglasses are a standout choice for riders seeking functionality, safety, and affordability in their eyewear.
The yellow-tinted lenses are engineered to improve light distribution, effectively reducing the halo effect of bright lights. This tint enhances contrast and clarity, making it easier to navigate in low-light conditions.
The lenses come with an ANSI Z87 safety rating, indicating high-level protection against impacts from debris and bugs. While the anti-glare coating on the lenses improves visibility, it’s noted that they may not be as effective as polarized lenses in eliminating glare.
These motorcycle glasses feature foam padded protection around the lens, which blocks out wind and high-speed debris, adding an extra layer of safety. The rubber padding near the ears and nose and a design that ensures a snug fit suggests that these glasses provide a comfortable wearing experience, even during long hours of riding.
- High impact resistance and safety certification.
- Enhanced night-riding visibility.
- Comfortable and secure fit for long rides.
- An affordable option with essential features.
- Anti-glare coating is not as effective as polarized lenses.
6. WileyX Airrage
- Shatterproof Selenite Polycarbonate Lenses
- Meets MIL-PRF Ballistic Standards
- ANSI Z87.1+ Optical Clarity
- US Federal OSHA Standards Compliance
- 100% UVA/UVB Protection with Distortion-Free Clarity
- High-Velocity Impact Resistant
Designed with the motorcyclist in mind, these glasses boast a sleek, low-profile design perfect for those with smaller head profiles.
The Wiley X Airrage isn’t just about looks; it’s packed with features that make it ideal for night riding. The lenses meet ANSI Z87.1 safety standards, offering high-velocity impact protection and optical clarity. The smoke-grey tinted lenses are perfect for reducing glare without darkening your vision too much, making them suitable for day and night use.
One of the standout features of WileyX is its 100% UVA/UVB protection with distortion-free clarity. This is crucial for night riding, where visibility is distorted due to bright lights. The glasses also come with a removable facial cavity seal that blocks out wind, dust, and debris, ensuring your eyes remain protected no matter the conditions.
- High-velocity impact protection
- Meets ANSI Z87.1 standards.
- 100% UVA/UVB protection with distortion-free clarity.
- Removable facial cavity seal
- The high-wrap frame may not fit all helmet types comfortably.
7. DUCO Night Vision Glasses
- TR90 Frame
- Polarized Lenses
- Anti-Glare Technology
- TAC Polarized Lens
- Yellow Tint Lenses
DUCO Night Vision Glasses are designed to enhance visibility in low-light conditions; these glasses are a must-have for any motorcyclist navigating through dusk, rain, or the challenging glare of oncoming headlights.
Featuring a special anti-reflective coating on polarized lenses, the DUCO glasses effectively cut through glare from car lights and bright streetlights, significantly reducing eye strain and making night driving much safer.
The side frames are ingeniously designed to broaden your view, allowing for a better grasp of road conditions without compromising peripheral vision. They can be worn over prescription glasses, making them convenient for everyone, whether you wear contacts or prescription lenses or have no vision issues.
The stylish and durable design, with a composite frame and TAC polarized lenses, ensures longevity and aesthetic appeal. The TR90 frame material offers durability and flexibility, which are essential for motorcycle riding.
- Effective anti-glare properties.
- Can be worn over prescription glasses.
- TAC polarized lenses.
- Some users may find the fit narrow, affecting comfort.
8. Global Vision Sly
- Meets ANSI Z87.1 Standards
- Shatterproof Lenses
- UV400 Filter
- Scratch Resistant
- Vented EVA Foam
The Global Vision Sly Motorcycle glasses offer a blend of functionality and comfort that’s hard to beat. Designed with clear, shatterproof polycarbonate lenses, they ensure maximum visibility while protecting your eyes from wind, dust, and debris.
The dual-injected rubber at the temples guarantees a no-slip fit, which is crucial for those high-speed rides. The soft, vented EVA foam padding provides a snug fit and seals out the elements. The adjustable rubber nose pads also allow for a customized fit, ensuring these glasses cater to various face shapes and sizes.
The scratch-resistant coating on the lenses is a thoughtful addition, extending the durability of the glasses and maintaining clear vision ride after ride. In conclusion, the Global Vision Sly is one of the best motorcycle glasses for night riding under $15.
- Shatterproof polycarbonate lenses.
- Dual-injected rubber temples and adjustable nose pads.
- Vented EVA foam padding.
- Scratch-resistant coating.
- Few bikers may find the fit snug, particularly over the bridge of the nose.
9. AULLY PARK Polarized Motorcycle Riding Glasses
- 4 Interchangeable Lenses.
- High-density cushioning.
- Polarized lens for UV400 protection.
- Universal fit design suitable for men and women.
The AULLY PARK Polarized Motorcycle Riding Glasses offer an impressive combination of versatility, protection, and value. These glasses have a comprehensive kit with four interchangeable lenses for different riding conditions and preferences.
The set includes a polarized grey lens for reducing glare, a non-polarized clear MLC lens for night riding, a Cadmium Yellow lens for high contrast in low light, and a Copper lens to enhance overall visibility.
This range allows riders to customize eyewear for optimal visibility under various lighting conditions. The lenses are polarized with UV400 protection, protecting against harmful UV rays during daytime rides.
The frame is constructed from lightweight plastic, designed for long-lasting wear without discomfort. Rubber padding around the ears and nose ensures a secure and comfortable fit.
- Versatile lens options for all riding conditions.
- Comprehensive kit with accessories.
- Durable and comfortable design suitable for long rides.
- Interchanging lenses may be cumbersome for some users compared to photochromic lenses.
10. FAGUMA Sports Polarized Sunglasses
- TAC Polarized Lens
- 100% UV Protection
- Lightweight Design
- Polycarbonate lens
- Scratch Resistant
With 100% UV protection and polarization, the FAGUMA sunglasses are engineered to reduce glare from oncoming traffic and bright lights. The scratch-resistant coating on the lenses ensures durability and longevity, keeping your vision clear from micro-scratches that can accumulate over time.
The lightweight and flexible frame design is a significant advantage. It minimizes pressure points and allows easy insertion and removal without compromising the helmet’s fit. Silicone padding on the nose bridge enhances comfort, ensuring the glasses stay in place without slipping.
Impact resistance is a critical feature for any motorcycle sunglasses, and the FAGUMA glasses meet this need effectively. They offer protection against debris and insects. However, the noted absence of transition lenses may limit their appeal to some riders looking for all-in-one solutions.
- Polarized lenses.
- 100% UV protection.
- Scratch-resistant and impact-resistant.
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear under helmets.
- Lack of transition lenses.
# Selecting the Best Night Riding Glasses
- Comfort and Durability: Choose lightweight yet robust glasses, ensuring they can be comfortably worn for extended periods without compromising eye protection.
- Lens Color: Lens colors that improve contrast and brightness without distorting natural colors are ideal for night and low-light conditions. Amber or yellow lenses can enhance visibility by filtering out blue light and increasing contrast.
- Glare Reduction: Polarized lenses are a must-have to reduce glare from oncoming traffic and other light sources, crucial for maintaining focus and reducing eye fatigue.
- UV Protection: While focusing on night riding, pay attention to the importance of UV protection for daytime use. Glasses that offer 100% UV protection safeguard your eyes from harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Shatterproof Lenses: Ensure the lenses are shatterproof to protect your eyes from potential impacts or debris. Polycarbonate lenses are typically shatter-resistant, offering both safety and durability.
- Ventilation to Prevent Fogging: Glasses with built-in ventilation features can significantly reduce fogging, maintaining clear vision regardless of the temperature or intensity of your ride.
- Photochromic Lenses: Photochromic lenses adjust their darkness based on the light conditions, darkening in bright sunlight and clearing up at night or in low light.
- Fit and Stability: Look for designs that guarantee a secure fit to avoid slippage during rides. Adjustable features and grippy materials on nose pads and temples can enhance stability.
- Material Quality: Seek out glasses with polycarbonate lenses for their impact resistance and lightweight properties, paired with flexible and longevity frames.
- What color lenses are best for motorcycle riding?
Yellow or amber lenses enhance depth perception in fog and low light, making them excellent for dawn, dusk, or overcast days. Grey or smoke lenses offer a natural view and reduce overall brightness without distorting colors, ideal for bright daylight. For night riding, clear lenses are essential as they allow maximum light transmission, ensuring visibility while complying with legal requirements for safety.
- Are Polarized Sunglasses Good for Night Driving?
Polarized sunglasses are not recommended for night driving. While they’re excellent at reducing glare during the day, at night, they can hinder your ability to see by further reducing the visibility in an already low-light environment.
- What features should night-riding motorcycle glasses have?
Lenses with anti-glare and anti-reflective properties are the best choice for night riding. These features significantly reduce the glare from oncoming headlights and improve visibility under low-light conditions, enhancing safety and comfort during your ride.
— — — —
Interesting posts on Motorcycle Accessories.