Around 2 to 3 bikes are stolen every minute. We all hesitate to leave our ride in an unsafe neighbourhood. So here you will get a complete guide on the best GPS tracker for bikes In India.
Back in the day I lost my motorbike and found out near the beach after two days with dents and scratches. Guess things have gone worse with many others.
GPS tracking devices have become a lifesaver for many bikers and automobile owners. You can leave your motorcycle anywhere without any worry. And track its location and activity anytime from your smartphones or desktop.
5 Best GPS Tracker for Bikes
#1. SAM Mini GPS Tracker for Bike
Sam GPS security pro is one among the top GPS Positioning device which packs all the features required by any motorcycle rider. The cutting-edge technology used in the system helps the user to switch off the bike’s engine with one swipe.
The security pro by SAM comes with a highly sensitive GPS chip that sends precise location on cloud servers, helping the user to watch a vehicle’s live location plus full day driving history with their user-friendly mobile application.
The device features an anti-theft alarm that alerts instantly in case of vehicle theft. The app allows you to set a geofence/safe zone where you get notified when the vehicle leaves the marked area.
- First-year free after that subscription at Rs.1000 per year.
- Free Sim card with a 1-year subscription.
- Geo-Fence marking.
- Over Speed Alerts.
- One-Touch Vehicle engine ignition access.
- Anti-theft alarm.
- Travel history video.
- Excellent customer after-sales service.
#2. Akari GT02A
The GT02A from Akari is based on GSM/GPRS network which connects to global positioning systems. The GPS device sets multiple functions of security, positioning, emergency alarms, monitoring surveillance, and tracking in its entirety.
Along with real-time tracking, the smart device also supports past summary where users can access the previous month’s history. Such as travel route, the total number of kilometers driven, and other helpful details on google map. The company provides decent customer and installation support.
- Anti-theft protection.
- Track the old month history summary.
- Mobile Application and Web portal available.
- Customer Support.
- 1-year free app and website license, after that Rs. 500 per year.
- The system will serve a lifetime for free on SMS reporting.
- It does not support Jio sim.
- Track by SMS.
- Supports dual GSM/GPRS Network.
#3. ZAICUS ST-901
The third list of best GPS tracking devices for bikes is the ST-910 by Zaicus. What makes this brand so special is the device supports 4 frequency levels.
Such as the GSM 850, GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900 Mhz. Which makes the GPS eligible to function anywhere in the world. Another speciality of Zaicus ST-901 is that it is waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about damages caused by rain.
Apart from the basic GPS features, the device supports GPS, Galileo, Glonass, Compass which are the four different satellites to give you accurate tracking details.
One drawback of the St-901 is that it only works with 2G sim cards.
- In-built battery lasting up to 4 hours.
- Decent Customer Support and service.
- Mobile Application Available.
- Overspeed Alarm.
- Low Power Alarm.
- Detects engine Ignition.
- Geo-Fence Alarm.
- Main Power off Alarm.
#4. Letstrack GPS Tracker
LetsTrack is an award-winning GPS tracking device for bikes in India. Their simple to use mobile app gives access to statistics on its simple to use dashboard.
The company has a powerful web portal that extends your reports telling you everything from fuel consumed to distance travelled.
The company reassures that if something goes wrong, a team of dedicated customer support will resolve your issues quickly and professionally.
The hardware is of the highest build quality and reliability. LetsTrack app and web solutions are constantly updated to give a better customer experience and support.
- Unlimited Geo-Fence Marking.
- Real-time Tracking.
- Great Customer support.
- Inbuilt 400mah battery that lasts for 8 hours.
- Advance Mobile Application and Web Portal.
- Several Award Winning GPS tracking devices in India.
- Comes with Airtel Sim Pre Installed.
- 1-year warranty.
- Engine Power cut off feature.
- Installation and demo videos available.
- First-year free, after that subscription Rs.1200 per year.
#5. SAM GPS Security Mini
Another Product by sam on our list is the Mini GPS tracker. Going by its name, Sam Mini Gps Tracker is a compact GPS tracking device that helps you manage your bike and make it ultra-secure.
The compact size of the device makes it easy to hide underneath almost anything. Don’t get fooled by its small size as it packs a ton load of features. The device is of top-notch hardware quality which is also waterproof and lightweight.
You can get daily stats on your mobile application about total distance travelled, run time, idle time, max and min speed, etc.
The Gps system can be used for tracking multiple vehicles on a single mobile dashboard. A user can also get access to driving history and watch a full-day video in 20 seconds to see where your vehicle went.
- Anti-theft alarm.
- Daily Statistics.
- Driving History.
- Easy Installation.
- Great Customer Support.
- Daily Analytics.
- Travel History Video.
#Benefits of Best GPS Tracker for Bike
- Real-time GeoLocation tracking.
- Mobile Application Accessibility.
- Engine Ignition Detection Alert.
- Geo-Fence – Notifies when the bike leaves a certain area.
- Overspeed Alarm.
- Alerts on Motion detection.
- Notifies on sudden acceleration and harsh braking.
- It helps to cut off the power of the engine.
- Smart Artificial Intelligence technology to detect activity.
- Sends real-time location address by google link or on apps.
- Emergency Alarms.
- Driving statistics.
Buying Guide on Best GPS tracker for bike
There are a lot of varieties in the market. To be unbiased you might want to consider these points before purchasing a GPS tracking device for bikes.
- Hardware warranty.
- After-sales and service support.
- Anti-theft feature.
- Repairable (Just in Case).
- Network Flexibility: Look for a device that supports both GPRS and CDMA wireless networks.
- Battery Life.
- Mobile Application.
- SMS and E-mail alert.
- Vehicle Engine Power Cut feature.
- Geo-Fence Feature.
# How GPS Tracking Device Works on Bikes? (Infographics)
# How to Setup a GPS Tracking Device on your bike?
There are two types of GPS tracking devices
- Wired tracking devices are supposed to be connected with the vehicle’s battery or any other power source for the device to function.
- Battery Powered tracking devices are the ones to function on a battery which also serves as a portable device.
Depending on the tracking devices you have purchased, your options may be different but you most will require to:
- Activate the GPRS/CDMA network on the device. To do that, you may have to insert a SIM card with a subscription.
- Next, you may have to log on to the GPS tracking provider website or Mobile App to activate it.
- Place it on your asset or any object you want to track.
- Lastly, you can access it from your smartphone or desktop using the web portal or mobile application.
- It’s always a good idea to consult your user manual for more information on using your GPS tracking system.
Note that in most cases GPS signals can penetrate glass, plastic, foam, wood, fiberglass, etc. But will not penetrate metal. If you have to leave your motorcycle overnight in an unsafe place it’s always better to secure it with the best motorcycle locks.